The University of Alabama soccer team will play 12 home matches, including an out-of-conference contest with Florida State, and eight on the road this fall. UA released its schedule on Monday.
“I am very excited about the 2017 schedule,” said third-year UA coach Wes Hart. “It’s a challenging one for sure. It’s definitely the toughest schedule we’ve had in my three years here.”
The Crimson Tide will host five matches at the Alabama Soccer Complex to start the season: Middle Tennessee State (Aug. 10), Jacksonville State (Aug. 18), Samford (Aug. 20), South Florida (Aug. 24) and Florida State (Aug. 27).
“It’s going to be a fun challenge playing against FSU at home,” Hart said. “They have been at the pinnacle of college soccer over the last decade.”
UA will play South Alabama (Sept. 1) and Troy (Sept. 3) in Mobile, then visit Kennesaw State (Sept. 7). Alabama’s final home match before the start of play will be against Tennessee Tech (Sept. 10)
Alabama’s SEC home slate includes games against LSU (Sept. 21), Tennessee (Sept. 29), Auburn (Oct. 8), Mississippi State (Oct. 13) and Missouri (Oct. 22). UA will visit South Carolina (Sept. 15), Florida (Sept. 24), Texas A&M (Oct. 5), Arkansas (Oct. 19) and Ole Miss (Oct. 26).
Alabama will also host Chattanooga in a non-conference match on Sept. 17.
South Carolina, Florida, Arkansas, Auburn and Florida State all finished last year ranked in the top 25.
The SEC Tournament is scheduled for Oct. 30-Nov. 5 in Orange Beach.
Alabama Soccer 2017 Schedule
- Aug. 10; Middle Tennessee
- Aug. 18; Jacksonville State University
- Aug. 20; Samford University
- Aug. 24; University of South Florida
- Aug. 27; Florida State University
- Sept. 1; University of South Alabama at Mobile
- Sept. 3; Troy University *Mobile
- Sept. 7; Kennesaw State University at Kennesaw, Ga.
- Sept. 10; Tennessee Tech University
- Sept. 15; University of South Carolina at Columbia, S.C.
- Sept. 17; University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
- Sept. 21; Louisiana State University
- Sept. 24; University of Florida at Gainesville, Fla.
- Sept. 29; University of Tennessee
- Oct. 5; Texas A&M University at College Station, Texas
- Oct. 8; Auburn University
- Oct. 13; Mississippi State University
- Oct. 19; University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, Ark.
- Oct. 22; University of Missouri
- Oct. 26; University of Mississippi at Oxford, Miss.
- Oct. 30; SEC Tournament at Orange Beach