The University of Alabama continues to add to its track and field roster. The 2017-2018 recruiting class, which already had 20 athletes, added 12 more members in the spring.
“I’m extremely excited about this year’s signing class,” head coach Dan Waters said. “This group provides depth in all disciplines and meets our goal of continuing to build the strongest all-around track and field program in the country. “
The team adds nine men and three women to the class bringing the total to 17 men and 15 women heading to Alabama next season.
Five of the 12 in coming athletes are transfers from other schools around the country.
The Crimson Tide adds six distance runners to the men’s team and adds football recruit Henry Ruggs III to its sprints roster. On the women’s side Alabama adds two sprinters and a distance runner to its roster.
• Hayden Blalock, Charlotte, N.C. (5,000 meters, mile)
• Nathan Gamble, Raleigh N.C. (5,000 meters, 1,600 meters)
• Gilbert Kigen, Kipkaby, Kenya (8,000 meters, 5,000 meters)
• Vincent Kiprop, Kencho, Kenya (8,000 meters, 5,000 meters)
• Shelby McEwen, Abbeville, Miss. (High Jump, long jump)
• Andrew Powell, Brentwood, Tenn. (800 meters, 1,600 meters)
• Jackson Reed, Summersville, WVa. (5,000 meters, 1,600 meters)
• Henry Ruggs III, Montgomer (100 meters)
• Jake Sptswood, Daphane (1,500 meters, shot put, high jump, pole vault, javelin)
• Maddie Dearborn, Yorkville, Ill. (1,600 meters, 5,000 meters)
• Margot Dooley, Evanston Ill. (800 meters, 1,600 meters)
• Krystal Springs, Fort Lauderdale, Fla. (100 meters, 200 meters)