COLUMBIA, Mo. – The Alabama women’s tennis team used a strong singles performance to best Missouri, 4-2, Sunday afternoon at the Mizzou Tennis Complex in the last road match of the regular season. After dropping the doubles point, the Crimson Tide won four out of five singles matches to snap a six-match skid and pick up its first conference win of the season.
The Crimson Tide improves to 14-13 on the season and 1-10 in SEC play, while the Tigers slip to 11-14 and 0-11 in league competition.
Up next, Alabama will conclude its regular season with a pair of matches at the Alabama Tennis Stadium. The Crimson Tide will face No. 37 LSU on April 13 at 5 p.m. CT, and will wrap up its regular-season slate against No. 33 Texas A&M on April 15 at 1 p.m. CT. Alabama women’s tennis will recognize Smith Hinton for Senior Day during the match against the Aggies.
Alabama Match Results:
Alabama 4, Missouri 2
- Oliveira/Raley (MIZZ) vs. Daniell/Hinton (UA) 4-4 unfinished
- Ismail/Nash (MIZZ) def. Selim/Cortina-Pou (UA) 6-3
- Middlebrooks/Wright (MIZZ) def. Moulin/Gintrand (UA) 6-1
Order of Finish: 3, 2
- #91 Andie Daniell (UA) def. Serena Nash (MIZZ) 7-5, 6-3
- Smith Hinton (UA) def. Taylor Gruber (MIZZ) 6-1, 7-5
- Mackenz Middlebrooks (MIZZ) def. Jacqueline Pelletier (UA) 7-5, 6-2
- Ann Selim (UA) def. Amina Ismail (MIZZ) 4-6, 6-0, 6-2
- Alba Cortina-Pou (UA) def. Ellie Wright (MIZZ) 7-5, 6-4
- Clare Raley (MIZZ) vs. Kimberley Gintrand (UA)6-4, 4-2 unfinished
Order of Finish: 2, 1, 4, 3, 5