The Alabama women’s tennis team continued its dominance on its opponents early on this season after capturing two more shutout victories on Saturday inside the Roberta Alison Baumgardner Indoor Tennis Facility. The Crimson Tide (4-0) downed the Indiana Hoosiers (0-1), before blanking the Lipscomb Bisons (0-1), each by a score of 4-0.
The Tide has yet to give up a point so far in 2020 after the team earned two 7-0 wins to start the season on Jan. 18.
“I think we played some good tennis today,“ said head coach Jenny Mainz. “I thought Indiana was a good team that is well-coached and I thought their doubles teams were fantastic. I was really glad that we got the doubles point and then we had a solid start to singles. We competed well all day. In the second match, in doubles we were aggressive and got another good start in singles. I feel like we got better today.”
The Crimson Tide will take to the road for the first time this season as the team will fly across the country to take on San Diego State (Jan. 31) and CSUN (Feb. 1) in San Diego, California.
Doubles Results vs. Indiana
- Bozovic/Andrinopoulos def. No. 51 Harvison/Ito, 6-4
- Cortina Pou/Gorchanyuk def. Bernard/McKamey, 6-0
- Selim/Teixido def. Hu/Staiculescu, 7-6(4)
Singles Results vs. Indiana
- Moka Ito vs. Caitlin Bernard, 6-3, 5-5, unf.
- Isabella Harvison def. Annabelle Andrinopou, 6-4, 6-2
- Alba Cortina Pou def. Alexandra Staiculescu, 6-3, 6-3
- Ares Teixido def. Jelly Bozovic, 7-5, 6-0
- Sahsa Gorchanyuk vs. Michelle McKamey, 6-4, 2-6, unf.
- Ann Selim vs. Rose Hu, 4-6, 3-2, unf.
Doubles Results vs. Lipscomb
- No. 51 Harvison/Ito def. Popova/Buberl, 6-2
- Cortina Pou/Gorchanyuk def. Diachenko/Bandy, 6-1
- Pelletier/Fabian vs. Trbeznik/Zakordoniec, 5-1, unf.
Singles Results vs. Lipscomb
- Isabella Harvison def. Kate Popova, 6-2, 6-3
- Alba Cortina Pou def. Emma Zakordoniec, 6-1, 6-0
- Ares Teixido def. Denis Buberl, 6-2, 6-1
- Sasha Gorchanyuk vs. Anja Trbeznik, 6-2, 3-2, unf.
- Ann Selim vs. Liza Diachenko, 6-1, 3-0, unf.
- Jacqueline Pelletier vs. Eleanor Chapman, 6-2, 1-3, unf.