After trailing 3-0, the Alabama men’s tennis team attempt at a comeback came up just short as the Dartmouth Big Green (2-0) handed the Crimson Tide (4-1) its first loss of the 2020 season on Friday night inside of the Roberta Alison Baumgardner Indoor Tennis Facility.
“I didn’t think we executed very well on our returns in doubles,” said head coach George Husack. “I thought we did well overall in serves, but it just really boiled down to execution in doubles and the doubles point is pretty vital. In singles, we had a couple of tough matchups at the top and they (Dartmouth) definitely demonstrated that they were better than us today. It’s something that we can learn from and I thought we did a good job of adjusting in our matches.
- No. 28 Broom/Horneffer def. Ortiz/Kaukovalta, 6-3
- Conklin/Ross def. No. 40 Nesterov/Zhou, 6-4
- Zhou/Sepulveda Garza vs. Martin/Widdecombe, 5-4, unfinished
- No. 28 Charlie Broom def. Edson Ortiz, 6-4, 6-4
- Dan Martin def. No. 96 Riccardo Roberto, 6-2, 6-3
- Zhe Zhou def. David Horneffer, 7-5, 6-1
- Peter Conklin def. Alexey Nesterov, 3-6, 6-3, 6-4
- Patrick Kaukovalta def. Alejandro Quiles, 4-6, 7-5, 6-4
- Jeremy Gschwendtner def. John Speicher, 6-4, 6-3