– There were no changes in status for the University of Alabama defensive line in Wednesday’s practice viewing periods. Starter Raekwon Davis (sprained ankle) was not present; D.J. Dale (twisted knee) and Phidarian Mathis (undisclosed) were, but not participating in drills.
– Wide receiver Henry Ruggs III (bruised ribs) was on the field and in full pads, but not participating in position drills.
– For the second straight day, the outside linebackers spent the media viewing periods working on defending shotgun triple option looks. Western Carolina’s offense is not necessarily the option-based shotgun offenses seen at schools such as Charleston Southern and Georgia Southern, but the UA staff clearly believes the Catamounts can use it.
– The second team offensive line was, from left to right: Scott Lashley, Emil Ekiyor Jr., Chris Owens, Matt Womack and Tommy Brown, with Cameron Latu as an inline tight end and Giles Amos as an off-ball H-Back.
– Jeff Ireland, the Assistant General Manager/College Scouting Director for the New Orleans Saints, was at practice today, in addition to a scout from the Tennessee Titans.
– Hootie Ingram was also a spectator for Wednesday’s practice. Ingram played for UA from 1952-1954 and was UA’s Director of Athletics from 1989-1995.
teaitup likes this