As the early signing period approaches, Alabama continues to pursue several key prospects. The Crimson Tide will host a bevy of elite high school players for the Iron Bowl this weekend, including the nation’s top-rated defensive end. Alabama also extended an offer to a 2020 defensive lineman.
- It appears the top prospect in the 2019 recruiting class, 5-star defensive end Nolan Smith II, will visit Tuscaloosa for the Iron Bowl on Saturday. The IMG Academy (FL) product retweeted a comment from ESPN recruiting reporter Tom VanHaaren announcing Smith’s weekend plans. Smith is currently committed to Georgia but recently visited Tennessee.
Five-star Georgia commit Nolan Smith. No. 2 ranked prospect overall also visiting Alabama for the Iron Bowl next weekend https://t.co/xoPAEW5K9j
— Tom VanHaaren (@TomVH) November 18, 2018
- 2020 defensive tackle Jah-Marien Latham announced he received an offer from Alabama. The 6-foot-3, 270-pound prospect from Reform also holds offers from South Carolina and UAB.
— Jah-Marien Latham 🦍 (@Zebbo_32) November 18, 2018
- Current Alabama commit and 2020 4-star cornerback Malachi Moore visited Tuscaloosa yet again for the Crimson Tide’s game against The Citadel. This time he brought a visitor, who he called his No. 1 fan.
Blessed to be in a situation where I can affect people’s lives…So glad I could make my number 1 fan’s day yesterday by taking her to the game and giving her the chance to meet Coach Saban🐐thank you to everybody at the University of Alabama that made her day special #RollTide pic.twitter.com/mjvEYGWgrq
— Kinggchi👑🎒 (@malachi_moore13) November 19, 2018
- On the basketball recruiting front, Alabama lost out on 2019 4-star Drew Timme, who committed to Gonzaga on Wednesday. The 6-10, 235-pound prospect committed to the Bulldogs over Alabama, Illinois and Texas A&M.
— drew timme (@drewtimme2) November 14, 2018
- Although the Crimson Tide couldn’t lock down Timme, it did announce the signing of three 4-star players as a part of the early signing period on Wednesday. Alabama added forward Juwan Gary (Charlotte, NC) and guards Jaylen Forbes (Florence, MS) and Jaden Shackelford (Hesperia, CA).