Alabama football announces home-and-home with Oklahoma State, pushes Notre Dame back a year
Alabama football continued its recent trend of adding home-and-home series on Tuesday, announcing a two-year series with Oklahoma State beginning in 2028 and continuing in 2029, per a UA release.
The first game of the Oklahoma State series will take place in Stillwater, Oklahoma, on Sept. 23, 2028, with the Cowboys coming to Tuscaloosa on Sept. 15, 2029. It is the first home-and-home meeting between OSU and Alabama and just the second and third games in the series.
“This series with Oklahoma State continues to show our commitment to solidifying quality home-and-home matchups for our future football schedules,” said Alabama Director of Athletics Greg Byrne. “We look forward to visiting Stillwater in 2028 and welcoming the Cowboys to Tuscaloosa the following year.”
Alabama and Oklahoma State have met just one time on the football field, the 2006 Independence Bowl in Shreveport, Louisiana. The Cowboys won 34-31 in the last game played prior to the arrival of coach Nick Saban in Tuscaloosa.
"We are very excited to add another excellent opponent to our future non-conference schedule with the addition of Oklahoma State,” Saban said. “Greg Byrne and our administration have done a great job of scheduling outstanding football games that benefit both our program and our fans.”
The Crimson Tide’s previously scheduled series with Notre Dame will now begin with Alabama visiting South Bend, Indiana, on Sept. 1, 2029, while the Irish will return the trip to Tuscaloosa on Sept. 14, 2030.
With the addition of Oklahoma State, Alabama has added 11 home-and-home series to future schedules recently, including: Texas (2022 & 2023), Wisconsin (2024 & 2025), Florida State (2025 & 2026), West Virginia (2026 & 2027), Ohio State (2027 & 2028), Notre Dame (2029 & 2030), Georgia Tech (2030 & 2031), Oklahoma (2032 & 2033), Arizona (2032 & 2033) and Virginia Tech (2034 & 2035). The Crimson Tide also has a 2-for-1 home-and-home series with South Florida (2023, 2024 & 2026).
Alabama football home-and-home series
- 2022: at Texas (Sept. 10)
- 2023: Texas (Sept. 9), at USF (Sept. 16)
- 2024: USF (Sept. 7), at Wisconsin (Sept. 14)
- 2025: at Florida State (Aug. 30), Wisconsin (Sept. 13)
- 2026: at West Virginia (Sept. 5), USF (Sept. 12), Florida State (Sept. 19)
- 2027: West Virginia (Sept. 4), at Ohio State (Sept. 18)
- 2028: Ohio State (Sept. 9), at Oklahoma State (Sept. 23)
- 2029: at Notre Dame (Sept. 1) Oklahoma State (Sept. 15)
- 2030: at Georgia Tech (Aug. 31), Notre Dame (Sept. 14)
- 2031: Georgia Tech (Aug. 30)
- 2032: Arizona (Sept. 4), at Oklahoma (Sept. 11)
- 2033: at Arizona (Sept. 3), Oklahoma (Sept. 10)
- 2034: at Virginia Tech (Sept. 2)
- 2035: Virginia Tech (Sept. 1)
Alabama last played Oklahoma State in the 2006 Independence Bowl.
Reach Cecil Hurt at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @cecilhurt