TUSCALOOSA — The Alabama women’s tennis team swept its fourth doubleheader of the season after defeating Kennesaw State, 4-0 and Lipscomb, 4-0, on Sunday at the Alabama Tennis Stadium. With the two victories, the Crimson Tide moves to 8-0 in 2019.
The Tide dominated doubles play, with all three courts winning by a 6-1 spot to take the 1-0 lead.
In singles play No. 47 senior Andie Daniell cruised to a 6-0, 6-0, win on court one and sophomore Moka Ito eased to a 6-1, 6-0, on court two, as UA went up 3-0. Junior Ann Selim clinched the match with an easy 6-0, 6-0, victory on court five.
Against Lipscomb the Tide went up 1-0 after securing the doubles point for the eighth consecutive match. Alabama earned wins on courts three and one to take the early lead.
In singles action, junior Alba Cortina Pou picked up her first win of the day by surpassing Liza Diachenko, 6-0, 6-2, while junior Luca Fabian won on court five, 6-1, 6-4. Junior Jacqueline Pelletier clinched the match with a 6-3, 6-4, victory.
The Crimson Tide will return to action on Friday, Feb. 15 at 5 p.m. CT to take on UCF at the Alabama Tennis Stadium.
(vs. Kennesaw State)
- Daniell/Ito def. Nash/Castellanos, 6-1
- Cortina Pou/Fabian def. Jarrett/Wende, 6-1
- Gintrand/Selim def. Cantrell/Reilly, 6-1
Order of Finish: 1, 2, 3
- No. 47 Andie Daniell def. Juliana Castellanos, 6-0, 6-0
- Moka Ito def. Kendall Nash, 6-1, 6-0
- Jacqueline Pelletier vs. Aspen Jarrett, 6-2, 2-0, unf.
- Luca Fabian vs. Jessica Cantrell, 6-0, 3-2, unf.
- Ann Selim def. Zoe Wende, 6-0, 6-0
- Kimberley Gintrand vs. Brenna Reilly, 6-1, 5-2, unf.
Order of Finish: 1, 2, 5
- Daniell/Ito def. Dzyuba/Popova, 6-3
- Buberl/Brooks vs. Cortina Pou/Fabian, 5-3, unf.
- Gintrand/Selim def. Tshatedi/Bandy, 6-2
Order of Finish: 3, 1
- Vika Dzyuba vs. No. 47 Andie Daniell, 6-2, 3-6, 2-0, unf.
- Moka Ito vs. Kate Popova, 7-5, 2-6, 0-0, unf.
- Jacqueline Pelletier def. Madeleine Brooks, 6-3, 6-4
- Alba Cortina Pou def. Liza Diachenko, 6-0, 6-2
- Luca Fabian def. Denise Buberl, 6-1, 6-4
- Ann Selim def. Maddox Bandy, 7-6(3), 3-0, unf.
Order of Finish: 4, 5, 3